5 likes and 5 dislikes about being a mom!
I couldn’t start with saying “5 things I love and 5 things I Hate about being a mom, because hate is a big word and a no-no in the parenting dictionary. To me anyways. So I am going to list 5 things I love and dislike about being a mother!
5 things I love:
- My son’s smile. It has the power to instantly kill the anger/impatience inside of me. It’s that amazing!
- Learn to be a new, better person. My son brought me all those new, great qualities, such as patience and more mature. Thanks Aaden!
- I am more active! There’s no way mister Aaden will allow me to sit on the couch for more than 15 minutes at a time! He needs to be entertained!
- Seeing my son’s progress. It’s amazing to see how quickly he learns simple things like getting off the couch without hurting himself, how to mimic fish or a pig, hold his own bottle!
- The unconditional love coming from this small being who is part of me. A random hug, a cling to my leg when he feels lonely or hurt himself. He knows I’m his mommy and that’s the best feeling to me!
5 things I dislike:
- Changing Diapers. Tons of diapers. And my son fights whenever he needs to be changed. Poop. Everywhere. (Sorry for the graphics!)
- You pick things up, within a 5 minutes range they are all back on the floor. Toys, clothes, more toys. Everywhere.
- Constantly worrying. What’s this bump from? Is this a rash? Is it bad? Is he hurt? Why is he crying? Is he hungry? Did I feed him enough? And the list goes on…
- Sleep with one eye opened. I know this will happen even when he’s 16. I can’t stop it, it just happens! Wake up in the middle of the night, he’s not crying, but just in case…
- Losing friends. Some people can’t deal with you being a parent, so they slowly become distant. They’re not ready to hang out with you and have their conversations cut off multiple times because I need to take Aaden away from the heater, away from the video games “Don’t do this, Don’t touch that!” And the random crying for lack of attention.
I’ll soon make a new entry about things I like and dislike about being a Diabetic parent. Because yes, there ARE things I like about being a diabetic parent!
What’s your likes and dislikes?
This following video I made a while back and Aaden was about 9 months old and younger.