Monday low carb recipe!
Hey guys! I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
It’s Monday and a new low carb recipe is in for us! And decided I would post one of my son’s favourite dish: Low-Carb Sweet Potato Shepherd’s pie!
Makes 8 portions of 30 grams of carbs each, only!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 onions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can green peas
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender. Mash with milk and 1 tablespoons butter or margarine. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute the onions. Add the ground beef, cook until meat is browned.
- Spread a thin layer of potatoes in the casserole dish. Add half the peas and corn, then the ground beef and then the rest of the peas and corn. Top with mashed potatoes.
- Dot top with flakes of butter, nutmeg, paprika, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
I usually add a thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top before baking but you can decide to add or not. Cheese is fatty after all!